We’re reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Ever wondered how many calories you burn during a 9-hole or 18-hole round of golf? Check out our Golf Calories Burned Calculator below to get an idea!
This nifty tool reveals the hidden calorie-burning power of golf and helps you make healthier choices on the course. We allow you to add your drinks and food in to calculate your net calories after your round is done.
Keeping track of your golf calories burned might just be your ticket to a healthier, happier you.
Spoiler alert: Golf is more than just a walk in the park!
Calories Burned Calculator
Check out our other golf tools and calculators:
How Our Golf Calories Burned Calculator Works
The Golf Calories Burned Calculator above is a handy tool that helps golfers, like you, determine how many calories they burn during a round of golf.
It considers several factors, such as:
- your weight
- how many holes you played
- did you walk or ride in a cart?
- how many alcoholic beverages you consumed
- food eaten on the course
Considering all these factors, the calculator provides a more accurate estimate of the calories burned while golfing.
How Many Calories Are Burned Playing Golf?
The number of calories burned during a round of golf can vary significantly depending on the golfer’s weight, the intensity of the activity, duration of the round, and course terrain and conditions.
For instance, a 165-pound (75 kg) person can burn anywhere from 200 to 400 calories per hour, depending on whether they’re walking, pulling clubs in a cart, or riding in a golf cart.
On average, you can burn over 1400 calories by walking with your clubs on your back for 18 holes! If you ride in a golf cart, that number goes down to around 800 calories after 18 holes.
How To Use The Golf Calories Burned Calculator
To use the Golf Calories Burned Calculator, simply input your weight, duration of the round (9 or 18 holes), activity type (walking, pulling clubs in a cart, or riding in a golf cart), alcoholic beverages consumed, and food eaten on the course.
The calculator will then provide an estimate of the calories burned during your round of golf. Plus, it gives you adjusted calories burned after considering what you consumed from drinks and food.
Is Golf Healthy For You?
Golf offers numerous physical and mental health benefits. It is a low-impact sport that:
- provides a good cardiovascular workout
- improves muscle strength
- enhances flexibility and balance
Golf is an excellent way to relieve stress, improve mental focus, and build social connections.
Golf is also a very social game, and enjoying a few beverages on the course is common. This impacts your total net calories burned at the end of your round.
Factors Affecting Calories Burned in Golf
The number of calories burned during a round of golf depends on several factors, including:
- Weight of the golfer
- The intensity of your golf round (walking, pulling clubs in a cart, or riding in a golf cart)
- Duration of the golf round (9 vs. 18 holes)
- Course terrain and conditions
By considering these factors, you can better understand how your specific golfing activities contribute to your overall calorie burning.
Tips for Burning More Calories While Golfing
If you’re looking to burn more calories while playing golf, consider the following tips:
- Choose to walk instead of using a cart
- Carry your clubs or use a pushcart
- Incorporate other exercises during the round, such as squats or lunges
- Play on courses with more elevation changes
- Drink water instead of alcohol
These strategies can help you increase the number of calories burned during your round of golf and contribute to your overall fitness goals.
Importance of Staying Hydrated and Eating Well During a Golf Round
Staying hydrated and eating well during a golf round is crucial for maintaining energy levels, optimizing performance, and maximizing calorie burning.
Drinking water and consuming electrolytes can help prevent dehydration, which can negatively impact your performance on the course.
Additionally, it’s essential to choose the right snacks and meals to fuel your body during a round of golf. Choose healthy options such as fruits, nuts, whole-grain sandwiches, and protein bars.
Benefits of Tracking Your Golf Calories Burned
Keeping track of your golf calories burned can provide several benefits:
- Understanding how golf contributes to your overall fitness goals: By knowing the number of calories burned during a round of golf, you can better assess how your golfing activities fit into your overall exercise regimen.
- Encouragement to engage in more physical activity: Tracking your golf calories burned can motivate you to make healthier choices and engage in more physical activities, both on and off the course.
- Making healthier choices while golfing: By monitoring your golf calories burned and comparing them to the calories consumed from drinks and food, you can make more informed decisions about your nutrition and hydration needs during a round of golf.
- Monitoring progress over time: Tracking your golf calories burned over time can help you see your progress and make adjustments to your fitness and nutrition plans as needed.
How to Lose Weight Playing Golf
If you want to learn more about using golf to lose weight, check out this recommend video:
In conclusion, understanding golf calories burned is essential for golfers who want to make healthier choices, maximize calorie burning, and achieve their overall fitness goals. Our Golf Calories Burned Calculator is an invaluable tool that can help you monitor your progress and make more informed decisions about your golfing activities.
By incorporating the tips and strategies discussed in this article, you can improve your golf game, burn more calories, and enjoy a healthier, more active lifestyle both on and off the golf course.
Give our Golf Calories Burned Calculator a try and share your results with friends or on social media to inspire others to do the same!